FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 10, 2015
Anna Núñez | Anna@Houstonunites.org | (713) 325-7010
HOUSTON – Houston Unites, the “YES” on Proposition 1 campaign, launched a state-of-the-art website in both functionality and design to serve as the hub for Houston’s Equal Rights Ordinance on the ballot this November. The ordinance bans discrimination in employment, housing and public spaces for Houstonians based upon 15 different classes, including race, disability, military status, religion and pregnancy.
The new Houston Unites website found at www.houstonunites.org includes:
- Real-time news and campaign updates;
- Calendar of events, including grassroots actions like neighborhood canvassing and phone banking;
- Action alerts for the tens of thousands of Houstonians committed to ending discrimination in their city;
- A share-your-story function to report personal stories of discrimination;
- Volunteer opportunities; and,
- Financial contribution option to help the cause.
Houston Unites is the campaign working to win a “YES” vote on Proposition 1, Houston’s Equal Rights Ordinance, in November. The leading partners include: ACLU of Texas, Equality Texas, Freedom for All Americans, Human Rights Campaign, NAACP Houston Branch and Texas Freedom Network.